What to use: Internal Frame Coating or Heavy Duty Anti-Rust?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #35410

    I would like to know which would be better for my application:
    1) Eastwood Internal Frame Coating (https://www.eastwood.com/ew-internal-frame-coating-quart.html) or
    2) Eastwood Heavy Duty Anti-Rust (https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-heavy-duty-anti-rust-in-black.html)

    I have a truck that had the inside of the rockers rotted out so I replaced them with new steel and I also shaved the cowl vents and would like to protect the inside of the cowl. All the rust was removed and any surface rust was blasted off. Just curious as to what would work better for my application – I have an undercoating gun with extensions already so I’ll likely buy the quart cans in lieu of the aerosol.

    Below are some pictures of what I plan on coating.
    This was after the inner rocker panel was removed with most of the rust cut out – the actual rocker panels weren’t rusted out at all. (the floor is cut out and the cab is sitting up on the rear cab wall)

    This is the new metal that replaced the rotted out inner rocker panels (again, the floor is cut out and the cab is sitting up on the rear cab wall):

    Another shot of the new inner rockers before the floor fabrication:

    And here are the cowl vents that I shaved – I want to protect everything inside the cowl:

    Also, I need what ever I use to be relatively clean and mess-free. I understand that I’ll have to plug holes and mask off areas, but I would like to avoid a product with a long cure time or runny application since I just finish painting the cab (a little backwards, I know):





    Thanks in advance for the help!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button