Weld Racing Aluminum Wheels (newbie here)

Posted: April 29, 2005 By: s_351

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Ask Eastwood Archives Weld Racing Aluminum Wheels (newbie here)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

s_351

First off, I’d like to say that I have found your forum very enjoyable and informative.;) I’ve enjoyed the Eastwood catalog for years and made my frist purchase recently online. I bought the “Wheel Smoothing Kit” and thus far am very pleased!
    I have built from raw materials custom fixed blade hunting knives for years. I can appreciate the painstaking process of the multiple steps of buffing blades and handles and feel I’m somewhat experienced in this inparticular area. However, I have an older set of Weld Racing aluminum wheels (draglites)that I’m in the first stages of polishing and I feel like a rookie.
    I have read all of the aluminum buffing threads and the s/c thread that “pontissteve” started…..I read twice. LOL I feel his pain and I do understand it. Are there any additional tips or tricks that I need to know about to get a flawless, brilliant shine from these wheels just like they were bought brand new from the factory? Like I said, I’m still in the first stages of smoothing, but I’m very curious of things NOT to do to get my desired result.
    Thanks in advance for any and all info given.

Greg
    P.S. I’ll post up a pic or two in my next post. Also, sorry for such a long post.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed