Uneven paint coverage

Posted: January 21, 2006 By: Fly

Home Forums Kafka’s Korner Kafka’s Korner Archives Uneven paint coverage

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Fly

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply regarding your next DVD. Hope you will let us know as soon as it’s available for purchase.

I have a question for you regarding paint coverage. It seems as though no matter the consistency of my paint (One-Shot), I am ending up with areas in my scrollwork where you can see through the paint. Some colors are worse than others, and some, like silver give me complete coverage. From what I could see on your DVD this sometimes happens to you too. I prefer not to go back over with a second coat, because in most cases it still won’t make it even and on some strokes it would be difficult to follow the original brush stroke identically and therefore ends up looking sloppy. In my opinion, a lot of the time this uneven coverage gives the work an interesting dimensional look and I like it. I think, but please tell me if I’m wrong, that this uneven coverage is unavoidable and therefore acceptable (like on a paying job). Does the transparency of the paint lessen the longevity of the artwork on vehicles, etc. that are washed regularly and exposed to the elements?

Also, love your signature brushes. I started out pinstriping with sword brushes and would periodically try my hand with some scroll brushes made by others, but just couldn’t seem to get the hang of scroll pinstriping until I started using your brushes. Since I really prefer the look of scroll pinstriping, and I now have a brush that works so great, I decided to concentrate solely on scroll pinstriping.

Thanks for the inspiration you provide and for making yourself available to answer our questions!

Fly

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed