tip size question

Posted: March 25, 2015 By: diydan

Home Forums Kevin Tetz’s Korner tip size question

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

diydan

Kevin, love the you tube spray technique videos. They got me going in the right direction. I notice that 1.3, 1.5 and 1.8 are popular needle sizes – and that you recommend spraying with the fluid control wide open, adjusting air and technique to get a good laydown. My gun (hvlp el cheapo) came with only 2 needles – a 1.4 and 1.8. So here is my question. Is there any reason NOT to choke down the fluid flow ? In other words, if I’m spraying clear coat and I really want a 1.3 needle, can I get the same results by choking down the 1.4 ? Or when spraying base coat, and I really want a 1.5, can I just choke down the 1.8 and get good results ? I know I could practice, but auto paint is rather pricey these days, and I don’t have anything to practice on – not really into sanding a job down 5 or 6 times trying to get it right. So, is choking down a larger needle a workable solution, or does it create problems – enough that I would be better off getting a better gun with more needle selections ? Just hoping to tap into your obviously vast knowledge in producing nice paint jobs. Thanks so much.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed