Sprayed epoxy primer last night, a few questions

Posted: June 24, 2015 By: Jamie325i

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Sprayed epoxy primer last night, a few questions

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jamie325i

Hi folks,
    I have finally reached the stage of my 1964 International Scout project that I can start spraying. I sanded the body, doors, etc. with 80 grit to remove a lot of a very bad paint job and deal with some rust. There are some dents to fix but 95% of the body is now ready for primer and paint.

My questions are about how to proceed. The majority of the vehicle has a nice, even, smooth coat of Eastwood Epoxy primer on it. Can I go directly to Eastwood 2K Urethane Primer/surfacer after using filler on the dents?

I have attached pictures of a few problem areas with my epoxy coat. I have heard horror stories about sanding epoxy primer. Do you think I need to sand the whole project or just the problem areas. Note: I am aware of the re-coat window, I will be past it by the time I shoot primer so I assume I will have to scuff it all.

This area has Dry spray as a result of learning my new Concours Pro gun. The gun is awesome and the rest of the job came out very smooth.
    [ATTACH]4805[/ATTACH]

Here you can see the various layers Mapping through the Epoxy coat. Will the 2K Urethane cover this adequately or will the mapping continue through the paint?
    [ATTACH]4806[/ATTACH]

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks.
    Jamie

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed