Single Stage and Clearcoat Questions

Posted: December 2, 2013 By: Sweetride45

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Single Stage and Clearcoat Questions

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Sweetride45

First off, I love Eastwood and all their products!

A brief overview of my progress:

• Stripped to steel
    • Fillers and body work done
    • Applied Epoxy Primer
    • 1 day flash and topcoated with Contour Polyester
    • Blocked after a week with 320
    • Second application of Poly for minor imperfections
    • After a week, topcoated with 2k Primer Surfacer
    • Another week will pass before going over the 2k with 600 dry

When I am ready to spray the base (single stage boulevard black), I plan on reducing with 4:1:1 with a medium reducer and a 1.4 tip. I will probably do 3 coats and allow a week for this to “cure”. I am also planning to topcoat this with Eastwood 2:1 High Solids European Clear at a 2:1:1 mix with a 1.3 tip after a week of “cure” as well.

Now, here are a few questions that I have:

• Should I block the single stage with 600 wet before laying on the clear, or what grit is recommended before clearing?
    • After 2-3 coats of initial clear, after a week, sanding with 600 wet again, applying 2-3 more coats. Should I sand the clear with 600 for prepping the next coats of clear?
    • After the last coats of clear, the panels will “cure” in a 70* temp. for about a week before being put in a cold storage shed outside for roughly 2-3 months while the rest of the car is worked on. Will this temperature variation (could reach 0* temps) affect the final curing process?

After this, I will mount the panels, then sand with 1500 initial, moving to 2000, 2500 and 3000 before buffing.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
    Adam

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed