Shop garnet-blasted then applied Variprime over panels/chassis…now what?

Posted: November 4, 2006 By: 50Splitman

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Ask Eastwood Archives Shop garnet-blasted then applied Variprime over panels/chassis…now what?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

50Splitman

Participant

The blast shop I brought my project to did a great job of completely blasting the body/chassis and other parts to remove all the old paint and surface rust, but then they shot DuPont Variprime 615 2-part etch primer over everything. I know I need to remove the etch primer in areas I want to add filler, but can I apply a primer/sealer over the etch primer and then apply chassis black over that?

Or do I need to have the Variprime etch primer completely blasted back off and then go with the chassis black primer and chassis black? I understand that it is not recommended to shoot chassis black directly over the etch primer, but is it OK to prime/seal over the etch primer and then apply chassis black?

On the body I was going to shoot a primer/sealer and then topcoat. Seems like that is the guidance from DuPont literature. Even looks like you can shoot a DuPont epoxy-based primer/sealer over the Variprime, which is probably the way I’ll go.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed