Serious topic and serious responses needed, I need to upgrade.

Posted: January 17, 2007 By: k-series

Home Forums Powder Coating Powder Coating Archives Serious topic and serious responses needed, I need to upgrade.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

k-series

I’ve been getting killed lately due to me not doing wheels. This is mainly due to the fact that I don’t have the media blaster or oven for them. ALSO, I’m terrified of the “Alloy + Heat = self destruction” equation.

Here’s where I need your help…

What is the best way to PC wheels (from start to finish, stripping, media blasting, taping, etc…). What media should I use (if any)?

Now, onto the big questions…I want to build my own media blaster and oven to save as much money as possible. I remember seeing someone’s clamshell style cabinet, but I’d prefer a side/top door option.

As for the oven, I have a regular (2 in fact) 220 outlets currently. I’d like to keep my regular oven around and fire the larger one up when needed. There have been a ton of threads on this, but I’d like some info on the electrical portion since I’m a complete doo-mas (;)) when it comes to that. Can I run a larger 2 element oven off my current plug? Will I need 2 plugs? How can I tell my max amp draw (I want to say 30/50, but I’m not sure)?

Are wheels worth my time? Just based on other quotes, here’s what I’d charge to be competitive…

14″ = $50ea
    15″ = $60ea
    16″ = $70ea
    17″ = $80ea
    18″ = $90ea
    etc….

For those that ship wheels, what does it cost on average per wheel to ship via FedEx or UPS?

I appreciate your input guys!

Steve

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed