I’m using the satin clear for bare metal. I had beadblasted the wheels. I was using a mini detail gun set at 40psi. The satin clear came out fine at first, but then turned gummy. The “overspray” turned into little filing like from an eraser. On the part it became hard white chalky speckles.
I know I did something wrong, but what:
– water in the line (have a air/water seperator on it but maybe not good enough)
– temperature (it was 80 degrees)
– wrong setting on gun (maybe not enough paint)
– embedded oils/cleaner in aluminum (overspray was screwed up to0 though)
– just really dirty environment (spraying in garage with floor wet and exhaust fan on low)