Sanblasting and powder coating questions from a rookie!

Posted: September 22, 2005 By: 79bandit

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Ask Eastwood Archives Sanblasting and powder coating questions from a rookie!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

79bandit

Participant

I am working on a 79 Firebird, and although I have restored many cars in the past, this is the most extensive project yet! I have the car down to the “rolling chassis/shell” stage, and will be doing the front and rear sub-frames, bottom of body, engine compartment, and radiator support. The car spent it’s whole life in Arizona, so it’s basically free of heavy rust or cancer, and only has light “surface” rust on the sub-frames. I want to start off the right way, and get the right equipment to do the job right and not have to return to it 4 years from now!

What would you recommend to paint the bottom of the body shell, radiator support, A-arms, firewall, etc?

What media should be used to blast the frame, radiator support, trunk floor?

I am considering powder coating the front and rear sub-frames, but obviously they will not fit in an oven…what would you suggest? I really want to do it myself and not have to take it to a “pro”.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed