Same questions different neophyte

Posted: January 19, 2012 By: JR Quarterscale

Home Forums Powder Coating Same questions different neophyte

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ok I am new to all of this and have been very fortunate to be having very good success thus far. But I have some questions and have been reading through the threads and have not come across my answers yet, so I thought I would just ask.

I bought the EW duel voltage gun and have been following their cure times. So far I am extremely pleased with how things are working. My question is though on the time. Does it really hurt to leave a part in longer?

I built my own oven and am using a PID and a timer. I did read to allow he part to cool slowly. My first question is if I left it in for 25 minutes would it hurt it ? Harm it ? wouldn’t matter ?

My next question is, if I used their reflective chrome, do you cure it for 20 minutes, then pull it out and apply the gloss while it is still hot and then re-cure for 20 minutes ?

And the last question is, I read a thread about two-tone rims. They said to shoot the whole rim the first color and then mask and then shoot the second color, Can you coat over an already coated cured part ?

Thank you for any answers I may get.

Freddie

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed