Rustproofing Questions

Posted: September 17, 2014 By: Bravenrace

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Rustproofing Questions

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Bravenrace

I’m sorry if this has been answered before, but I searched and read as much as I could and am still a little unsure about some things.
    I just purchased three used vehicles. One is fresh from Oklahoma and has no rust anywhere, but is caked with dirt on the underside. The second is from the south, but has been through one northeast Ohio winter (under my ownership), and is still very clean. The third is also an Ohio car, but a sports car that has no body rust, but some minor rust on the undercarriage.
    My questions are regarding what products to use to rust proof and undercoat these vehicles. I’m concerned about spraying materials over salt/rust/grime that I may not know is there. Is there a product that neutralizes these things? What is best to use on inner panels, and should I use something different on outer panels? I am tired of rust repair, and really want these three vehicles to hold up to our rust belt winters as best as possible. Any other tips would also be helpful.
    One more thing. Vehicle one is a full size standard cab long bed pick up truck. Vehicle two is a 3 series BMW, and vehicle three is a Miata. In addition to my previous questions, any suggestions on how much of each product would be necessary to cover all three?
    Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance for the help!
    Jim

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed