question about PC rims

Posted: April 1, 2006 By: dipstickinva

Home Forums Powder Coating Powder Coating Archives question about PC rims

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

dipstickinva

I might of posted this in the wrong section. So ill post it here. Maybe ill get more replies

Yes I am a newbee to the powder coating thing. I have been reading alot on here and have lurned alot. The PC gun that I am using is this click here And I have bought the powder from Eastwood. The gun works really well on bare metal. Now for the problem that I am having. I have a set of rims that I am trying to PC. They are already coating white with a clear on them. I am trying to get them black. But when I spray the powder it does not stick very will or not at all. I have read that you have to sand blast the paint off, or you can pre-heat them and spray powder over them or even spray a primer on them.

I dont have a sand blaster yet so that is out of the question. Any advice you can give me will help out alot. Like if pre-heating what temp do you pre-heat at? If primering them what primer will work best.

Oh I have also attaced a pic of the rims I am talking about PCing.

kos_k1_race_w_ci3_l.jpg

Today I ordered the blast in a can with aluminum oxide media. i hope that will do the trick.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed