Product Recommendations for Various Parts

Posted: October 1, 2005 By: Eric in Washington

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Ask Eastwood Archives Product Recommendations for Various Parts

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I’m building a Factory Five Racing Cobra replica car. I have a number of parts which I would like to dress up before I bolt them on. There are a ton of different Eastwood products which seem appropriate and I’m having a hard time deciding which would be best. Here is a list of parts I’ve got, and some ideas I’m thinking about for dressing them up:

Rear-end: I got a new 8.8″ Ford Racing unit with 3.55 gears. It came painted black, but it’s got some ugly scratches and I’d like it to be something besides black, anyway. I was thinking about using Detail Gray by the quart on this. I assume I could just paint right over the existing black paint.

Steering rack: Same as the rear-end. It’s new, just want a consistent look.

Bell housing: Lakewood bellhousing. Brand new, in good shape. I just want rust prevention on this. Ideas? I’d guess Diamond Clear Satin for Bare Metal.

Transmission: I have a new Tremec T-5 transmission. What should I do for rust prevention on this piece? I’m guessing a spray of some kind, like Eastwood Diamond Satin for Bare Metal.

Engine: New Ford Racing crate engine. I’m thinking the obvious choice for the block is, of course, engine paints. For the valve covers, I was thinking Diamond Clear Gloss for Bare Metal.

I’ve never been in a position where I’ve cared what the internal components of my car look like, but when you’re building from scratch and it’s your dream, you care a little bit more!

Thanks all,
    –Eric

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed