Powder coat, Multiple coatings

Posted: April 6, 2012 By: Thunder

Home Forums Powder Coating Powder coat, Multiple coatings

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Thunder

OK I am just starting out with powder coating and just completed my first project. I cleaned up an old (very rusted) 2 gallon paint pressure tank which I am remaking into an air dryer filter unit for my powder coat system. blasted it and coated it looks pretty decent.

But here is my real question.

The current project I am working on is a pre 70’s Harley ground up restoration.

The paint plan:

Black chrome on frame, brackets and mounts etc. single coat!

Here is where it gets complicated:

Fuel tank, oil bag and fenders, if possible I would like to do silver reflective chrome on the main body of the parts (tops) and underneath with a small amount of bleed into the top surface (just around the edges) with Black Chrome, that is the base coat. Then after curing I want to shoot the whole works with candy (translucent) blue.

Now if that isn’t already a problem if it is feasible I would like to go over all of it again with a metal flake high gloss clear. Is this possible or am I just asking for trouble?

A separate question is it possible to get the translucent blue and mix metal flake into it and still have it useable?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed