Plug/Rosette Weld Technique on Two Different Thicknesses of Metal

Posted: August 17, 2005 By: rcr-fly

Home Forums Welding Welding Archives Plug/Rosette Weld Technique on Two Different Thicknesses of Metal

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

rcr-fly

I have a 1966 Mustang Fastback and am preparing to replace several of the spot welded panels in the trunk, interior floor, as well as the inner front fender panels under the hood. Some of the panels install on a horizontal plane, and some on a verticle plane. Given that the aftermarket replacement panel metal is thinner than the original panels I need clear instructions in how to properly create a proper replacement weld. In the instructions I would like to receive guidance not only what to do, but also what not to do. The welding tool that I have available to perform the job is a MIG welder. In my case time and patience are not the issue but the intense desire to perform the job correctly. Finally, given that I am not a highly skilled welder if the instructions need to include, “go get your self some sheet stock of two different thicknesses and practice until you arms fall off” please say so. Thanks in advance for all advise and instructions provided.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed