Painting on a budget?

Posted: August 10, 2016 By: revs451

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Painting on a budget?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

revs451

Hello experts,

I want to paint my 2001 Toyota Celica GT. It is stock blue (Spectra Blue Mica 8M6) and I’d like to paint over the dents and scratches in the same color. However, I am a poor college student with a budget of roughly $500.

Over the past few months I have researched (Googled) many different sprayer setups, paint brands and methods. Eastwood seems to offer excellent paint at a great price, however the only thing I’ve ever ordered was the 2K AeroSpray™ High-Gloss Clear in a can, which gave great results! For spray gun painting, the number of products is overwhelming and the methods vary greatly (i.e. primer vs sealer).

The only thing I do know is that I’d like to use this cheap-o paint sprayer – http://m.harborfreight.com/high-volume-low-pressure-spray-gun-kit-44677.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

It’s not ideal but I don’t have space for a compressor (in my budget or my mom’s single-car garage). Not looking for a show car finish either and from the video reviews I’ve watched, the finished product should be good enough for me. However, I’d like to get the most bang for my buck with paint. Can I ask you smart people for tips and to recommend me the correct Eastwood products?

Tl;dr: What primer/base/clear should I use on a budget? And should I use primer or sealer when it’s the same base color?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed