Paint question

Posted: May 26, 2010 By: Tranch

Home Forums Kevin Tetz’s Korner Paint question

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Tranch

The ashtray door and glove box door for my car were scratched so I’ve decided to paint them. I experimented with the ashtray door first. (It’s smaller and easier to “fix” if I’ve screwed up!) 😮

Not having a spray gun I used rattle can paint. I used a red scuff pad to smooth out the scratches and rough up the door so the paint had something to grab on to. I used a pre paint prep and wiped down the part and let it sit for about 30 minutes to make sure it was completely dry. Sprayed it with a medium wet coat, let it sit for 15 – 20 minutes then sprayed another medium coat. I let it sit overnight to dry, hoping to clear coat it today.

Looked at it today and I can feel, and see, small bits of grit/dust in the paint. Should I wet sand this then clear coat? I have 1500, 2000 and 3000 grit paper.

That Chevy and Ford you guys are working on are “OK” but I think you should get Rick from Muscle Car, he’s an old Mopar guy, to do a Mopar truck and do both of your guys trucks in! :p :):)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed