outgassing on cast parts

Posted: July 15, 2013 By: huggerorange68

Home Forums Ask Eastwood outgassing on cast parts

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

hello everyone, i am new to the forums but have bought plenty of stuff from eastwood and like it , but i am having a problem i am trying to solve, i am building a 69 camaro tilt column and getting the “outgassing ” problem on the ign switch cover at the top , the shift bowl is fine and never have problems with those.

here is what i am doing so far and i think i am taking to many steps, but i have made progress, the first time it was 2 days and then all the bubbles popped up evenly over the whole switch cover, so i added more steps and here is where i am now,,,,

i blast the part to total silver and no dark spots
    i put 2 coats of bully dog adhesion promoter as per instructions on the can
    then a coat of epoxy primer and let dry overnight
    then a few coats of ultimate 2k primer, let dry over night
    sand with 320 and apply sealer then either base /clear or the satin paint, all this is matrix paint and i am still getting the outgassing problems, allthough after i started using the bully dog it seemed to take a lot longer to make the bubbles, it only happens to the ign switch cover, the shift bowl never has any problems at all, i really dont want to go to powder coating as i dont want to spend all the $ on equipment to do that,,,,,, any idea’s ??

i am pulling my hair out trying to solve this and driving myself nuts, Jim

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed