Opinion on planned new gun please

Posted: May 6, 2010 By: Cuda Man

Home Forums Powder Coating Opinion on planned new gun please

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Cuda Man

I’ve been powdercoating for about 3 years now. I have gotten pretty good at it, but I think it’s time for a new gun. I used the standard Eastwood hobby gun for about 2 years, then I bought the Eastwood Pro gun about a year ago. I really don’t see a big improvement over the hobby gun. Cold second coats don’t go on all that great (usually clear) and even with the adjustable power knob, nooks and crannies are a problem. I bought a 3′ x 3′ x 6′ ID oven thinking about getting into Bike frames, but with the Faraday problem with this gun, I haven’t yet made that leap. Gun works fine with single color and I can warm the part up to combat Faraday, but I don’t want to have to do that. 1) Any opinions on the Eastwood Pro gun? I see they don’t offer it any more. I kind of feel like I got stung a little on it. I paid $500 to upgrade and not only does it not work much better than the $100 Hobby gun, they quit selling it right after I bought one. I’m past the one year warranty, or I’d have contacted Eastwood about a credit towards powder (or something). 2) I was thinking about an HS02 gun. It comes with some kind of a built in anti Faraday device. What is your honest opinion on this gun? Does the Faraday thing really work?
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed