Oh boy, I think I did it wrong.

Posted: December 25, 2006 By: cokeman

Home Forums Powder Coating Powder Coating Archives Oh boy, I think I did it wrong.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

cokeman

Ok, I think I had beginners luck and now the reality of this new hobby has hit home. Below are some pics of a couple of brackets of my car. They were intially done in high gloss black from EW. I got the bright idea to go back and clear them with clear from Ohio Custom Coatings. I followed the label and well, it did not turn out so well! 😮

When I applied the clear powder, I noticed it did not attract as well as the black, so I blew all of it off and scraped a better ground. I think it went better but when I hit the powder it still didnt look right. Not knowing any better, I threw it in the oven. It came out with white areas on it. Some of the clear flowed out real nice, others not so nice.

I tried a second part thinking I need to apply heavier. Same thing. I tried to scrape the clear with my finger nail. I was able to leave a very noticable scratch in the white areas as if it was soft. The other areas were hard as a rock.

All parts were cleaned with thinner and blew dry before powder was applied.

Any ideas and thanks for the great new hobby!

Bracket-1.jpg

bracket-2.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed