New to paint

Posted: May 10, 2013 By: Slipknotas

Home Forums Ask Eastwood New to paint

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Slipknotas

Ok going to give it a try to make a little more cash on some of these cars I’m fixing and selling but will have to keep the costs down or….. Why bother.

So my first question is I have the EAstwood 2k urethane primer and after I put it down is it better to sand it or just shoot the single stage color ( after flashes of course)for the chemical bond? I do want a smooth finish though.

Second question, if I do sand what’s the best way? Wet or dry and what grit start and finish?

Third, how often do I need to use the prep solvent? Just before the primer or if I sand the primer after that step too?

Fourth, looks like we are going to have a slight cold dip here in Michigan for this weekend. It’s been in the mid 70’s but this weekend will be dropping to about 59. I have a garage that I can heat but will have to paint outside in a plastic garage I set up. Can I heat the car up, pull outside, paint, then pull back in and reheat? Or better to wait for next weekend?

Fifth, I only had a very few spots that needed a little body filler, so I put a rattle can of rust oleum primer sealer on them so I could rinse of the sanding dust, didn’t trust the tack cloth to get it all and didn’t want the body filler to Absorb water. Can I just scuff this now that it is dry and 2k primer over with no problems?

Thanks to anyone that can help out.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed