Need some advice…

Posted: September 16, 2014 By: FirstTimer

Home Forums Painting/Custom Artwork Need some advice…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

FirstTimer

Okay this is the first time I have ever painted a car and need some advice.

Here is some background on what I have done:
    Sanded the whole car down to bare metal using a DA sander and 80 grit paper.

Removed all bondo / filler that was found.

Pounded out the dents the best I could with a hammer / dolly.

Repaired all dents that remained with Everglass.

Used 3M dry guide coat on the repaired areas to get them level and smooth.

Sanded the whole car with 120 grit and then 220 and then 400.

Cleaned with Eastwood Paint Prep and tack cloths.

Primed with Eastwood Epoxy primer with a 1.8 tip 3 coats and had problems with orange peel and a few runs.
    I then waited a week and block sanded with 220 grit using the 3M dry guide coat to keep everything level and filled in with Bondo 907 Glazing and Spot Putty when I had a small low spot and then used the 3M dry guide coat again to make sure everything was level.

Cleaned again with Eastwood Paint Prep and tack cloths.

Since some of the areas were back to filler / bare metal I sprayed 3 coats of the Eastwood epoxy primer with a 1.4 tip – this time everything went on perfect – no orange peel and no runs – looked really smooth.

I then applied 3 coats of Eastwood 2K gray primer using a 1.4 tip and this too went on without any issues.

Okay now we come to the advice I need:
    I applied 4 coats of Eastwood Burnout Blue Metallic single stage paint and it seemed to go on really nice however this morning when looking at it from 10 feet it looks nice any closer and it looks like the texture of sandpaper. I following all of the mixing instructions and flash times as well as wait times between each of the steps (epoxy, 2K, Single Stage). I also made sure to have the gun setup correctly each time before starting.

So what do I do now?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed