Need HELP with a high torque starter problem!!!!

Posted: October 22, 2011 By: sethc

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Need HELP with a high torque starter problem!!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

sethc

Ok here’s the details, I have a 56 belair with 69 chevy 302 in it, the tranny is not the orignal and not exactly sure what it is, It was my dads car and was told its a racing tranny. Im looking to get a high torque starter for it, The starter that I took off of it was bolted to the bell housing and not the block like it should be for a 69 302 although the bolt holes are on the block as well. I bought a HT starter for a 69 chevy 302 with straight bolt pattern to see if it would bolt up to the block like it should but when I tried it it didn’t have the clearence to the fit the hole in the bell housing and bolt up like it should. After further cleaning I found that the starter that came off was a Delco Remy starter and stamped part #1107664. When I looked up that part # it says its for a 56-60 corvette. With all that being said does anyone know if anyone makes a High Torque starter that will replace that Delco starter and that will bolt to the bell housing. Thanks for the long read and any help will be much needed. Seth

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed