Need Help !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: June 23, 2005 By: JCurtis

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Ask Eastwood Archives Need Help !!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JCurtis

I have an 1987 GMC Cab and Chassis 4×4 truck that has served as a salt spreading vehicle for I dont know how long under two different owners. Actually, the second owner made a half hearted attempt to clean and repair the frame. But used the truck for a couple of winters as a plow / salt spreader and didnt wash the truck religiously when done.

I now own the truck, and although I will be using it for the same type of work this winter, I want to do something to prevent the frame from getting any worse until next spring when I have plans to sand blast the entire frame and do a frame off resto.

Can I get away with grinding down, or wire brushing down the frame as best as I can and using the Rust encapsulator or will oxisolv be a better choice first, followed by grinding or wire brushing. The frame is solid so I was thinking coating it with Oxisolv letting that work, cleaning it off and then hitting the real bad spots with the wire brush and grinder.

I would also like to know if Oxisolve is safe to use outside since I dont have a garage and floor drain. I don’t want anything bad getting into catch basins by accident ( I would never hose it off and down a drain intentionally.)

What is the best way to clean off Oxisolve after its been used on a Chassis, and is it safe for use around brake lines, and rubber etc.????????

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed