I posted a question before about how to prep my rims before powder coating them and I decided to have them professionally soda blasted.
Now I should be starting in the right direction but I have a lot of questions.
1. Outgassing, if the paint cures at 350F should I heat my rims over this temperature and for how long or am I looking for something to happen? Denatured Alcohol or Acetone for cleaning?
2. Should I powder coat the rims at room temperature or should they be warm, like at 150F?
3. Should I powder coat the entire rim? Can I powder coat each rim in two steps coating and baking one part then doing another one? Are there any adverse effects of reheating baked powder coat?
4. Do I need to clear coat my rims ? If so, does it or should it be a powder coat clear or can it be a spray and dry? And if a clear powder coat should be applied will my basic hot coat gun have enough power to adhere a second powder coat?
5. Approximately how much paint will I need per rim, difference for paint and clear?
I know that its a lot of questions but I’d rather ask them now then mess up or fined out that I missed an important step. If you have any other advice, necessary steps, or advice you could give me I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!!