More questions for powder coating rims

Posted: December 29, 2010 By: ConstantlyChurning

Home Forums Powder Coating More questions for powder coating rims

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I posted a question before about how to prep my rims before powder coating them and I decided to have them professionally soda blasted.

Now I should be starting in the right direction but I have a lot of questions.

1. Outgassing, if the paint cures at 350F should I heat my rims over this temperature and for how long or am I looking for something to happen? Denatured Alcohol or Acetone for cleaning?

2. Should I powder coat the rims at room temperature or should they be warm, like at 150F?

3. Should I powder coat the entire rim? Can I powder coat each rim in two steps coating and baking one part then doing another one? Are there any adverse effects of reheating baked powder coat?

4. Do I need to clear coat my rims ? If so, does it or should it be a powder coat clear or can it be a spray and dry? And if a clear powder coat should be applied will my basic hot coat gun have enough power to adhere a second powder coat?

5. Approximately how much paint will I need per rim, difference for paint and clear?

I know that its a lot of questions but I’d rather ask them now then mess up or fined out that I missed an important step. If you have any other advice, necessary steps, or advice you could give me I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed