Mig 135 welder problem, doesn’t work

Posted: May 14, 2016 By: Soccerdommer

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Mig 135 welder problem, doesn’t work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Soccerdommer

So I bought this welder and have only used it a handful of times. Went to use it this spring on a project car and there is no wire feed. The drive motor doesn’t turn on and there is no relay click when using trigger on the gun. So I called Eastwood tech support, and the woman told me she was certain it was the drive motor. I asked her if there was any testing I could do to be sure and she said no, she will send out the drive motor. So I received the motor today, replaced and still have a broken welder. I hooked up the old motor to a battery and sure enough, it runs just fine. So I disassembled the gun to check the switch with an ohm meter, checks out ok. So now it’s the weekend, have projects to work on and no tech assistance to call. Anyone have any other tests I can do?

david

Participant

Did you ever figure out the problem. Mine is doing the exact same thing.

Thanks

jcunnington

Participant

Same here. The motor doesn’t even try to kick on. I’m suspecting it’s the trigger because the gas valve isn’t tripping either.

jcunnington

Participant

So I dug into mine today and the problem was a torn trigger wire at the base of the gun cable. This is from the cable twisting in its socket. So here’s the setup:

The trigger in the handle is just a shell. There’s a small switch in side the handle with (in my case) two blue wires soldered to it.

I went to the base of the gun cable and removed the rubber boot. As I was removing it, I saw a broken wire. I then cut through the electrical tape to find the rest of the wire. So it looks like those blue wires run the length of the gun cable and are then soldered onto other wires that lead to the 4-pin plug. The junction of the plug wire and the switch wire failed due to me not having the gun cable secured tightly enough, allowing it to rotate and stretch the plug wires, forcing a break. A quick solder job set it right. I taped the wires back down, reinstalled the rubber boot, and it tested fine.

I plan on feeding the wire back through it tomorrow and seeing if I can’t finish up my current weld job.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed