Metal Fabrication Equipment

Posted: October 16, 2005 By: airdesign

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Ask Eastwood Archives Metal Fabrication Equipment

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

airdesign

Participant

To whom it may concern,

This may sound stupid, but I’m looking for some advice regarding metal fabrication equipment.

I have something that I want to prototype. Light steel and aluminum construction, straight lines, few to no curvatures.

What would I need to buy in order to produce, for example, an aluminum facial cover 3″ wide by 1.5″ deep by 24″ long, with all bends, cuts, and flats straight as an arrow? I’m assuming that an English wheel is mainly for curve forming, and that shrinkers/stretchers finish out the look of curved pieces, but I’m probably wrong. What would I need to cut and form such an animal?

Also, would the same setup be adequate for light steel formation of the underlying skeletal structure such a facial cover would be used for? Or would I need entirely different equipment for light steel?

Also, for smaller parts fabrication, such as a collar for the aluminum piece above, measuring 3″ wide by 1.5″ deep by 1″ long, would this be doable with the same equipment or will I need to buy different equipment for smaller piecework?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I like Eastwood’s prices, they seem very reasonable compared to other online retailers, I just don’t know what I need to order to do what I want to do.

Ron Perkins

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed