Media Blaster low pressure regeneration

Posted: March 25, 2012 By: tschrubb

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Media Blaster low pressure regeneration

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

tschrubb

I recently bought the 100lb media/soda baster and have been using it for the last few weeks. By and large I’m happy with it, though I’m still learning the nuances (I get clogs now and again and am still figuring out what the best flow rates are).

My first project is cleaning off some old brick walls before they get sealed (truck restoration is in the works as well!). Today while I was using the unit it was moving along fine. Then later in the day it started to peter-out after about 10-15 seconds of blasting :mad:. I had to pause for about 30 seconds before starting again. I noticed that the pressure gauge on the unit would dip way down while I was blasting (maybe 50 or so before I’d stop) and then it would slowly crawl back up to 90.

I’m guessing I’ve got a partial clog somewhere and checked the setup from the compressor to the regulator feeding the unit (all fine). So my clog is either in the hose or the unit. I don’t think it’s got anything to do with the post-regulator parts since the media flow is great (blows out freely if the pressure is there). Any ideas on how I might be able to get it back up and running again?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed