Hi, this is my first post here. I need some feedback about my plan for painting my Honda 600 Coupe!
I’ve been doing some research, and I think the first thing I need to do is select a “paint system”. I’m thinking of using Valspar’s “Acrylic Enamel single stage paint” from autopaintdirect.com. I just want a quality yellow paint, and I think this might be good.
So from what I’ve gathered, I think I will do this…
1. Use chemical stripper to bring surface to bare metal
2. Clean it up with Metal Wash
3. Apply light coat of Eastwood self-etching primer
4. Apply Slick-Sand
5. Fill some areas with filler (not sure what kind)
6. Do a lot of wet-sanding, wiping, more sanding…
7. Apply Valspar Acrylic Enamel single stage paint.
8. All done.
So, does this sound right? What about “epoxy primers”, and “primer sealers”? Eastwood says the Slick-Sand works with any topcoat, so am I safe? I’m so worried about mixing something up! It seems like there’s various ways to do all this… I just want to do it the right way for my paint.
Also, is my paint choice a good choice? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!