How much powder to cover my project

Posted: August 3, 2006 By: dwr1954

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Ask Eastwood Archives How much powder to cover my project

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

dwr1954

Greetings,

I have a lathe that I am building that can turn 48″+ diameter materials. The welder is doing the fabrication on his time at his employers location.

I am not ready to PC myself and they have a PC setup for the truck parts they make but all the have is Henry Fords favorite color…. Black. I can supply any color I want and am leaning towards a Polyurethane. The material is 1/2″ cold rolled steel plate. The two housings are approx. 18″ square and 24″ square. I want both housings coated inside and out.

Since I am totally new to PC, I would love any recommendations regarding how much powder to buy to get the coverage I need.

Also, feel free to advise a newbie on what to look out for and what to do to make this a success… especially since the welder and I are using the PC equipment… not the people 😉 (i.e. the welder said not to blast the pieces, just wash and PC over the mill scale… hummmmm I think not!)

I have posted a picture to give you an idea of the size. I will take replys here or off line. Will post finished pictures.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed