Home built oven with commercial fridge.

Posted: November 21, 2015 By: Pahpcoatings

Home Forums Powder Coating Home built oven with commercial fridge.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Pahpcoatings

Hi guys I’m a long time your first time poster. I started powder coating a few years ago just for a small hobby and haven’t really touched it in the past couple years. Currently I have a 4′ x 4.5′ x 28″ homemade oven that I built out of a pharmaceutical oven used for drying pills. A good friend and I are planning on running a side business offering powder coat and Hydro graphics. Our plan is to use the existing oven as the HydroGraphics tank because the size is perfect for what we need. I acquired a large commercial refrigerator planning on making this into the new powder coat oven. It is 6′ x 5′ x 3′. Stainless inside and out. My issue is that like most refrigerators it is insulated with expanding foam. I did a little bit of disassembly on the refrigerator and it seems like it’s going to be a huge project to separate the inner and outer shell to remove the expanding foam and re-insulated with Rock wool. Has anybody has any luck using a refrigerator but leaving the expanding foam? All of the seams on the inside are very tight. My typical temps will be between 250°-400° with a very occasional 500°
    I will include pictures of my existing oven and also the refrigerator I plan on using.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed