HELP another primer question

Posted: August 9, 2011 By: Eryk

Home Forums Ask Eastwood HELP another primer question

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Eryk

Ok I’ll try to keep this short and sweet, but I need some guidance and/or reassurance with my project. I have stripped the car down to bare metal and put a thin coat of “Eastwood Afterblast” to stave off flash rust. I plan to wipe the areas that need filler with “Eastwood PRE Painting Prep” before doing so, as well as the rest of the car before priming. I probably don’t need to do so, but I’d rather apply my epoxy straight to the metal.

This brings me to the concerns I have. My plan is to apply “Eastwood 1:1 Epoxy primer” over the bare metal. Then apply at least two coats of “Evercoat Super Build 4:1 Polyester Primer Surfacer”. From what I can gather from the product descriptions, I think this is fine. The info sheet says to apply to bare metal, fiberglass, SMC (I have no idea what that is), aluminum, rigid plastics and body filler or putty.

Is it safe to assume epoxy under this surfacer would be fine as long as it is applied in the correct time periods for each product?

I plan to block sand the car and have the person who applies the paint seal it once more to help with color holdout. Does this step seem like overkill or am I on the right track?

Thanks, Eryk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed