Getting Into Upholstery & Custom Interior Design

Posted: July 8, 2013 By: JRADD

Home Forums Interior Getting Into Upholstery & Custom Interior Design

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JRADD

Hi guys, gals, & others reading this message,

Recently, I have been quite intrigued by automotive upholstery & interior design.

I have multiple people who are willing to teach me basic sewing techniques to get me into this sort of field but I don’t know a single person in my area (South Jersey) who would be willing to teach me how to do upholstery. Is there any tips that I can get from fellow car enthusiasts? What kind of tools am I looking at? When I do look into purchasing/restoring/building a vehicle I will probably lean to an older vehicle that is fast, so as well as sewing I would like to learn everything I can do to make the interior of a vehicle much more than standard. By this I am referring to audio but mainly the dashboard interface.

I have toyed with the concept of doing a custom dashboard that incorporates new technologies into an older vehicle. This is so I can access various pieces of information as well as basic radio. I’ve seen cars like race-built Nissan GTR’s who have this kind of setup on Youtube.com but I haven’t seen anything practical for a hobbyist and I would like to know where I can learn how to do this kind of electrical work.

My main focus for this article is to get into upholstery and start restoring seats & interiors. I apologize if this article is a little disorganized, my thoughts aren’t quite straight. My apologies. 🙂

Thanks,
    –JRadd

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed