Floor Pan treatment steps

Posted: October 18, 2005 By: TripleJackInGA

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Ask Eastwood Archives Floor Pan treatment steps

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello –
    I have a 1960 VW Beetle I just acquired. Luckily, it doesn’t have any rust-through, but the pans (floor-boards) are covered in surface rust.
    While I’m not ready to remove the body from the pan and sandblast/restore the entire pan, I would like to do some preventative stuff to last me the next year or two.
    I want to avoid, if at all possible, having to use any kind of wire-wheel/cup or sandblasting on the car at this point.

Can someone please give me the steps, from start to having a finished surface, that I should use, and which products?
    I’m kind of confused if I should use Rust Dissolver or Oxysolv. After using one of those, do I just clean the surface with soap and water, dry, then use Rust Encapsulator, or use Metal Wash, or what, then Rust Encapsulator?
    I want to do this right the first time, so I won’t be doing it again in a year.

Also, should I remove all of the seam sealer in this area, then wait to re-apply it until I am at the final step (after Rust Encapsulator), or before?

Thanks!

– Jack
    korn_nuts69@hotmail.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed