Fiberglass reinforced body filler

Posted: July 21, 2005 By: tin_man

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Ask Eastwood Archives Fiberglass reinforced body filler

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

tin_man

Hello, I am working on a 1972 Blazer, I have replaced a lot of steel in the cab, and now I am doing the dent repair work. This leading to my question, I am using a short strand fiberglass reinforced filler made by martin senior for the base of the filler work and then top coating it with a polyester glazing filler. I have used this process in the past and did not seem to have any problems. But recently I had some eyebrows raised at the supply store when they asked what I was using the fiberglass filler for, since the directions indicate that it is for fiberglass body repair or for fixing rusted out metal bodies. I replaced 100% of the rusted metal properly (all sheet metal replacement), and just figured since I live in Montana and with extreem weather changes the fiberglass in the filler would be to my advantage to help make a better repair.
    Has anyone else used the filler with fiberglass filler for common dent repair with success?
    Thanks a lot!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed