Eastwood SSU Pearl Necklace

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Eastwood SSU Pearl Necklace

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

STL-Scott

Hey guys,

I’ve got a new project that my wife is insisting on repainting with a pearl white color. Having just finished a multi-stage paint job on my cobra replica earlier this summer, I am shying away from a 3-stage pearl finish.

Got your latest catalog in the mail and your Single Stage Urethane “Pearl Necklace” caught my eye. I also wanted to try a single stage paint to help cut down on some of the costs and time associated with painting.

However, I saw that you need to apply the Pearl Necklace over Pure White. How many coats of each are required to obtain a nice paint job?

I’m going to be repainting one of our daily drivers which is a 2002 Toyota Camry. The existing paint is in good condition, we just hate the color (it was my mom’s car – desert sand mica…YUCK!). I have a few spots to fix dents, etc on and will do the body prep and seal these areas with 2k epoxy primer.

Can I just scuff and paint over the existing OEM paint/clear coat with your SSU?

Also, will 1 gallon of each color be enough to cover the car? I may do the door jambs but will not do the hood and trunk jambs.

One last question – do you have any pictures of a vehicle or larger object painted out with this color combo. The little sample is hard to judge the pearl / color via the internet.

Thanks as always,

Scott

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed