Dual voltage gun problem? Or?

Posted: December 29, 2012 By: TonyH

Home Forums Powder Coating Dual voltage gun problem? Or?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

TonyH

Hello Powder Coaters,

About 2 years ago I purchased the dual voltage gun, believing it to be an upgrade to my original eastwood gun. (Single voltage, long stem).

Timing was bad, I moved and never really got a chance to operate the gun while in warranty.

I do note there does appear to be some charge going through…. I’ve accidentally gotten the head to close and seen a spark…

1st thing I notice is the black box on the dual voltage gun clicks or ticks when holding the charge button. Yeah.. in hindsight I should have sent it back right away…. Click is the wrong word…. maybe it sound like one of those toy monkey drummers? At the higher voltage.. it clicks faster than the lower voltage. It is very noticable. like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfGBv5lIqSI

2nd With my orginal gun it appeared the powder was attracted to the parts… With this gun… it just is not the same. The powder just seems to pass on by… and it seems to be getting worse. I have to waste powder… I found myself thinking… I’ll just dump powder all over the parts.

I have found myself thinking the air pressure seems to blow the powder off the parts… This makes me turn the pressure down… Next thing I know I’m shaking the gun/tapping the cup to try and get more powder to flow.

On one of my parts yesterday I found it simpler to allow the powder to fall on the part rather than attract to it. This was a simple bolt. The aligator clip was direct clamped on the bolt.

I have also found getting into corners and tighter spots more difficult as well.

Opinions?
    When I get another chance I’ll try the old gun.
    What is the next step up from the Eastwood dual voltage gun?

Thank you kind gentlemen.

Tony H.

Parts from yesterday.
    Brampton-20121228-00027_zps2a0b26ef.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed