DIY low buck fluidizing hopper

Posted: June 12, 2010 By: bikerdad46

Home Forums Powder Coating DIY low buck fluidizing hopper

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

bikerdad46

Well I finished up my home made full time fluidizing hopper and use it today and I works great. A couple of weeks ago I bought 2 powder pumps for $50.00 shipped to my door. I made the hoppers out of thin wall 4″ pvc pipe 8 1/2″ tall. I used a 4″ cap and drilled and taped it for a 1/4″ quick connect fitting about 1″ up the side of the cap. for the lid I used a lid off of a plastic Maxwell House coffee can. I drilled a hole large enough for a male 1/2″ cpvc pipe fitting and installed the fitting though from the bottom side and screw a female 1/2″ fitting onto the exposed end of the male fitting with a rubber o ring between the female fitting and the lid. I slipped a piece of 3/4″ heater hose 1 1/4″ long onto the other end of the female fitting and clamped with a hose clamp and
    then slipped the powder pump into that. I also drilled a 1/4″ hole in the lid and inserted a piece of 1/4″ tubing for a vent for the fluidizing air. I used a piece of 1/2″ cpvc 7 1/4″ long glued into the male fitting for the pickup tube. It’s about 3/4″ off the membrane. I used a Bunn coffee filter for the membrane stretched over the end of the 4″ pipe and slipped the cap on and it’s done.
    For my next membrane I my try a piece of vaccuum cleaner bag when the Bunn filter wears out.

bikerdad46

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed