Corvette Frame Painting Questions…..

Posted: June 22, 2006 By: Brad Uhl

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Ask Eastwood Archives Corvette Frame Painting Questions…..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Brad Uhl

Dear Forum,

I am currently working on a 1982 Corvette Frame and need some advice before purchasing some Eastwood Products.

The ’82 Frame was sandblasted & sprayed with lacquer primer prior to my receiving back from the Sandblasters. I have since then taken areas down to bare metal and smoothed with All Metal Aluminum Filler to take care of any imperfections.

I am looking for a way of finishing the “Touched Up” areas (1/3 of the frame) with a Sandable high build primer for final smoothing prior to topcoating with Extreme Chassis Black. I do not want, however, to spray the entire frame with Hi-Build as it makes things less chip resistant.

Should I use a Hi-Build Primer on just the repair areas, then seal everything with an Epoxy Primer (PPG’s DP90?), then coat with Extreme Chassis Black? – or just srpay Extreme Chassis Black over the Lacquer Primer/Hi-Build Primer?

As much of the frame is already sprayed with Lacquer Primer, there doesn’t seem to be much I can do with any type of metal treatment prior to spraying the Chassis Black.

Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated!!! I need to get some product ordered as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot!!!

Brad Uhl
    614-792-0729
    buhl1@columbus.rr.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed