Complicated Issue with Versa Cut 40…

Posted: July 1, 2014 By: dncbrown

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Complicated Issue with Versa Cut 40…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

dncbrown

I purchased one of the very first Versa Cut 40’s in 2011 (one of the blue ones!) and it has served me well for the past few years. I am just a hobbyist and don’t use it very much but I have had no problems with it whatsoever. Unfortunately do to a lack of good judgement I let a “buddy” from work borrow it… He has since been fired and moved from the area so I can not find him and beat his @$$ for what he did. This brings me to the problem…

He must have dropped the plasma cutter because there is a big piece that is cracked on the handle mount on the front of the machine. The unit powers up and periodically will cut, but usually the overload light comes on and I cant do anything. Also, sometimes the solenoid for the air supply turns on right away when in switch the unit on, and I can’t get it to turn off. Switching the unit on and off a few times can sometimes get it to work, but I believe it is fried. 🙁

Is there anything I might be able to do to get it fixed or at least find out what is wrong with it? I’m super bummed because its worked so well and now its toasted 🙁 Does anybody have any advice on what I should do? I know its not a warranty issue, but I’d really like to get it working again.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed