I did the following on these small handles for an old fridge.
– Ground all the old chrome off, cleaning them and finishing until smooth.
– Degreased with brake cleaner, then wiped down with a lint free rag with Lacquer Thinner.
– Hung parts with stainless steel wire, then did one more quick wipe down looking for lint, etc.
– Pre-heated oven to 375 degrees.
– Sprayed parts like I usually do, but it seemed to go on a bit heavier than the colors I’m used to working with (Is it thinner?).
– Put parts in oven.
– After about 2 minutes it started to transition to liquid, then I set timer for 20 minutes.
– After about 10 minutes they looked like they do now, so I shut it down, cooled them off and pulled them out because they looked like poop.
Any idea’s on what I did wrong? I’ve never done chrome before, but have done 100’s of black parts.