Building oven floor or no floor

Posted: July 31, 2005 By: Chad Pruett

Home Forums Powder Coating Powder Coating Archives Building oven floor or no floor

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Chad Pruett

Hey guys need some advice, Getting ready to build a 5’deep x 4′ wide x 4′ tall oven.
    1. Planned on building a insulated panel for the bottom possibly on castors. Now considering not putting a floor in it. Thinking if I could load up a rolling rack of painted parts open door roll rack in would be quicker than trying to hang parts in a already heated oven. Thought about building ramp if I used a bottom panel ,but worried about bumping parts getting them in. I realize not having a bottom I would loose heat but would I loose more trying to hang parts with the door open?
    2. How many oven elements would you think I would need to use to heat this oven up?
    3. A link either on this forum or caswells forum shows a oven similar to what I want to build the insulation he used was rated for 175 degrees. Any ideas or suggestions on insulation?

Sorry so many questions would like to build once and not have to waste alot of money or time doing it again. Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed