Body Filler / RE or RC over pitted rust on Radiator Support

Posted: November 10, 2015 By: OkieRocket

Home Forums Ask Eastwood Body Filler / RE or RC over pitted rust on Radiator Support

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

OkieRocket

I am working on the Radiator Support on my 70 Olds 442 and have a question about using body filler (RAGE, etc.) over a blasted/pitted/stained rusted area (after or before???) treatment with Rust Encapsulator (RE) or Rust Converter (RC).

I have blasted the Radiator Support using my Master Blaster and have approx. 90-95 % clean metal, however, in the area where the battery sits, I had some heavy rust and it has left the metal with a darker (stained) “dark brownish color” on the metal with some heavy pitting….after I completed the blasting. I would like to use some type of body filler (like RAGE, etc.) over this pitted area to smooth it out, before I top coat it with either RE??, RC?? and black Paint.

Should I treat the area 1st with RC, then add the body filler, then paint with RE…followed by the black paint top coat?

OR

Should I just spread the body filler over the “blasted” and stained pitting, then paint with RE…followed by the black paint top coat?

Not sure what to do. Obviously, this is a job I only want to do one time, so I would like to do it correctly. Can you give me some direction?

Thanks.

Harold

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed