Autoair Paints- How Do You Sand Them

Posted: September 27, 2005 By: RON LOEFFLER

Home Forums Painting/Custom Artwork Painting/Custom Artwork Archives Autoair Paints- How Do You Sand Them

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

RON LOEFFLER

I Sprayed A Friends Car With Auto Air Paints, – The First Time I Ever Sprayed Waterbourne Paints. I Had Good Luck With The Primer And The Color, But When I Sprayed The Midcoat Clear So I Could Flame The Car, It Turned Into A Mess! The Midcoat Sprayed Terrible- The Car Looked Like Someone Poured Milk All Over It. I Did Not Know How To Correct The Problem. I Went Over The Entire Car With A Heat Gun, And Thought I Had The Midcoat Cured. I Sprayed Dupont 7800 Clear Over The Mid Coat Becuase It Did Not Trust It To Tape The Graphics To It. The Car Looked Great With The Clear. When I Wet Sanded The Car To Add The Graphics And Reclear, I Broke Through The In A Couple Of Spots And Hit The Midcoat- At That Point It Swelled, And Has Been A Terrible Mess Eversince. I Let The Car Dry, And Started Dry Sanding With 320. The Autoair Paint Is Not Feathering Out. It Is Balling Up And Making A Mess. I Do Not Want To Have To Strip The Car Back Down To The Dupont Primer I Put On It, But At This Point It Is The Safest Thing I Know To Do. I Have A Bunch Of Money In The Auto Air Paint, And Am Not Impressed To This Point. If Anyone Has Any Ideas I Would Love To Hear Them.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed