We have a need to put custom hand-painted artwork onto aluminum boxes. We’ve been using automotive laquer with good results, but would like to move to powder coat for the durability.
I haven’t done much hands-on PC, but have done a LOT of research and can’t find too many folks who are doing anything like that, and those who are aren’t talking about how they are getting results! Intellectual property I guess.
Would this work:
1) Shoot base coat, flow and part cure.
2) Mix powders (colors) for hand painting into colored emulsions – using … alcohol(?) as a carrier.
3) Brush artwork onto base coat using emulsions.
4) Allow emulsion carrier to evaporate leaving powder.
5) Flow artwork and part cure.
6) Shoot clear top coat.
7) Final full cure.