Anyone ever use "Hot Rod Flatz" paint?

Posted: May 12, 2006 By: MrM

Home Forums Painting/Custom Artwork Painting/Custom Artwork Archives Anyone ever use "Hot Rod Flatz" paint?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

MrM

Just joined. I have a few questions for this board, but I figure I’ll start off with this one.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever used Hot Rod Flatz line of paint. I’m thinking of using this for my first paint project, my IHC Scout II. I figure that this luster of paint would be appropriate for a fourwheeler that actually gets used as one, not to mention that it would be more forgiving of my mistakes in both bodywork and novice paint technique. The manufacturer of this paint is TCP Global and they happen to be just a few miles from my house. I was in there the other day discussing paints with them. The salesman said they can set me up with a gallon of ‘flatz’ in any OEM color, not just the ones shown on the web page.

Also, does anyone know if this paint in meant to be sanded, or if sanding would alter the finish significantly (vs. unsanded sections)? I was thinking maybe I could fix any mistakes—and later on, brush scratches—with 400-600-grit wet sanding.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed