Any parent/child restoration projects??

Posted: December 12, 2005 By: Nick C

Home Forums The Break Room The Break Room Archives Any parent/child restoration projects??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Nick C

Thinking back to how I got started working on cars, I was wondering if any of our forum members have any parent/child restoration projects going on (or planned)?

For me, my first Bug was a father/son project that my dad and I took on when I was around 12 or 13 years old. This was a learning experience for both of us. My dad is mechanically inclined, but had never done welding, painting, extensive bodywork, etc…. This was a great learning experience for us and a great way to bond. From this experience, I gained tons of knowledge and skills – automotive and non-automotive. All of the time, money, and “busted knuckles” really makes you appreciate what goes into restoring or rebuilding a car.

If you have any parent/child projects going on (or planned), please share them. What kind of vehicle are you working on? Are you restoring the vehicle, customizing it, or just building a driver….Do you plan on tackling all of the work? Share the details.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed