I am presently proceeding to some winter works on my Triumph TR6.
replacing the suspension bushes, I take the opportunity to fight the surface rust in this area.
The movable parts such as arms, anti roll bar, etc will be power painted by a professional shop. Concerning the chassis itself, my plan was to
– clean the metal, removing the loose rust (actually, there is no deep rusting at all), sand to remove paint where needed.
– then apply rust converter (#12556ZP and #12558ZP) to the rusted areas
– apply rust encapsulator (#16065ZP) to these surface and to the bare metal
– apply extreme chassis primer (#11194ZP)
– finally apply chassis black (#10043ZP)
now my questions :
– I have purchased all the products to Moss a UK vendor. It seems that some are not in your catalogue any more. is there any reason to not use it ?
– is the above procedure correct ?
– the place where the car is has an ambient temperature of 10°C (50°F). Using a portable heater, I can raise it to about 20°C (68°F). however, in some places, the temperature will be less than that, but only for bare metal areas. Any advise is welcome to avoid problem.