37 degree single flares on SS tube with eastwood professional flaring tool

Posted: July 25, 2014 By: Bomino

Home Forums Ask Eastwood 37 degree single flares on SS tube with eastwood professional flaring tool

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bomino

can someone kindly explain the proper procedure to get a good single flare for AN fittings?

I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. I have tried multiple ways, and the best results I have gotten were by setting the tube to be flush with the end of the chamfer on the die, skipping Operations 0 and 1, and going straight to Op 2. is this correct procedure? it has given me the best results, but the inside of the tube appears to not be smooth, as if it is flaking.. see pictures. the tool is brand new so the dies are in good shape.

image-1_zpsa43817ef.pngimage_zps2e8a0492.png

there is nothing about single flares in the manual or online.

thanks for your help!

ScottC

Keymaster

You are close to the proper set up. To make the perfect single flare you will want to use OP 0 with the line just snug in the dies to allow it to push and level everything out. Then with the line still just snug run OP 1 to push the line the proper depth inside. Now you tighten the clamp on the split dies to lock the line in place and run OP 2. This will give you the perfect flare.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Selling Products

Comments are closed